Thursday, August 04, 2005

Do you remember the first time?


So this is what it feels like to get my act together and start a blog! I have been meaning to do this for a while, although I'm not too sure where this drive to share my world comes from, I suppose I will have to see if anyone is out there.

I'm a 24 year old PhD student at the University of Southampton. This is my academic site:

http://www.history.soton.ac.uk/jones.htm

When I'm not thinking about the Gulf war I am generally found annoying my husband by buying way too much wool, or teasing my two cats. David and I have been married for two years- he works in IT for BT, and is always supprised at my ability to refuse to ever leave uni! The cats which make up the rest of my small family are called Broc, who is a rescue cat, and a kitten called small cat. (who isn't small anymore) We also have fish- but they're job is just to look pretty.

I teach the undergrads at uni and the 18 year olds at college- this is all in the fantastic and absorbing subject of history, which I love!

I also love: yoga, csi TV show, buying buttons, reading other peoples blogs, gardening, bitching about having to type, photographs and my friends. AND wool, (or yarn as I am told I should call it) I am also dyslexia and dyspraxic, so if you find a spelling mistake- please don't tell me, I know I cant spell already!

I am in tumoil this week as our landlady is selling our house, and we are looking into buying it..... Scary! Will let you know how it proceeds.

Let me know if there is anyone out there.

1 comment:

pretendingsanity said...

well it's nice to officially meet you!! Buying the house seems very exciting! I can't wait to see how it turns out.