Tuesday, January 17, 2006

writing

used ot really like writing up my phd, i saw it as my chance to be creative in what can be quite a stilted and affacted world. I think i am honest in what i write (spelling is better in thesis honest) and on the whole i enjoyed working through my ideas and coming to a synthesis of thought and research.

not any more. now i am totally sick of it, i knew that editing for a whole year (or more now with the bean) was a bad idea, and i am getting the academic form of cabin fever. The only time i get to leave the house is to go the teach, yoga or to take the sodding rubbish outside! i know that this is to other people impressive that i can force myself to sit and work all day, but it doesnt means that my sanity is slowly slipping away. take yesterday for example, i spent 5 hours approx writing about a filom i have not yet seen. this isnt as bad as you might think, as i havent actually seen much of what i write about (as in the gulf war, friendly fire victims etc) but i really think that may have been a waste of time. okay, so i was only writing about plot devices, and meg ryan is horrid, but still! please no one tell my supervisor!

on a lighter note my friend debbie had her baby! after 16 hours of PUSH PUSH she had an emergency c-section, but everything is okay now. baby was a boy as expected, and instead of being called daniel is infact a george. well done debbie!

No comments: