Wednesday, October 19, 2005

pressies!

yesterday my latest pressie from my secret knitting friend arrived. I am so lucky, I got: some special SELF PATTERNING sock yarn, snazzy sock pattern, some coloured pen (great for dyslexic old me) a cute cute camper van key ring, some double pointed needles.... i am so spoilt! my frien yvonne has promised to show me how to use the needles, so this is a whole new type of knitting for me! exciting.

i have spent today merging two draft chapters into one uber chapter on visuality and the gulf war, at least the phd is progressing. also, i did some teaching today, and that went great, so it looks like the time spent preparing is paying off.

on the downside, there was a fatal accident on the road into portsmouth and the whole city was gridlocked. i dont mind the traffic (cycling lecturer comming through!) but it is a sobering thought that someone who left for work today will never get home. I didnt know them, but I hope they didnt suffer. I am having a day that puts my minor stresses into perspective.

No comments: