Thursday, November 24, 2005

you may want to sit down....

because I have some big news! I am pregnant! In fact, i am three months pregnant! ARGH!!! David and I are so excited, and happy that so far everything seems to be going well. I has taken lots of blogger strenght not to write about this earlier, but I didnt want to be too preemptive. This will mean slowing off a bit on the PhD, but I am just so happy that we are going to have a child that it doesnt seem to matter.

The midwife came yesterday and soarted off all the tests and I have found I out that I have terrible peeing aim! Oh well. I am a biut disapponted that becuase of my lung embolism when I was 17 I will have to have a hospital birth, but it still doesnt take the shine of the fact the in 6 months, there will be someone who looks like me, which is important to an adopted person such as myself.

The spare room will become a nursery, and now I am accepting that this christmas and birthday willbe th elast time I get so spoilt! I have been feeling ICK, a fair amont of the time, but the nurse told me that is "good" as it shows the baby is growing, not so good for me as I have now perfected my exorcist impression. (nice)

Out local area wont tell us if its a boy or a girl, but we have a girls name, Mia, but are not so sure for a boy. Any ideas? This is so exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! Ideas now for your reveal package!!
SP6

rachel said...

Thank you! I didnt know we had to do a reveal package?! WHat does it entail? WHen do we send it? (panic)

pretendingsanity said...

yay, yay, yay!! I'm very happy for you!