Thursday, September 01, 2005

hostess anxiety

tonight it is my turn to hoast the knitting group. I live more on the outskirts of twon, and as yet have been traveling in to the centre to other peoples houses. so this is a big deal to me, as they all have to make the journey. In order to make it worth their while, i have been worrying about what nibbles and food to serve. We have a tradition of home backing for the other members, which means i cant just open packets. so i have to bake, and cook and knit and look like it ois effortless and i hdavnt been fretting about it for days!
david is going out to play pool during this invasion (who can blame him?) and I am going to be sat in double fretting about getting drinks and playing good hostess. Im not sure what it is, but this sort of thing really draws out the 1950s housewife in me. so, no cheating- a whole full on day of getting stuff ready and trying to type the conclusion to my chapter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rethinking the Jeep
Free-spending consumers have been holding up the U.S. economy for some time. Are they finally starting to buckle under high gasoline prices? Bloggers Barry Ritholtz and Andrew Samwick size up the consumer's ...
Great blog I love it. Very interesting stuff.!
broadband phone service voip site covering broadband phone service voip related stuff.

Anonymous said...

To hoard or not to hoard
Editor's Note: Here is a taste of our All You Can Eat blog. If you're hungry for more, visit http://extras.insidebayarea.com/blogs/allyoucaneat. So my daughter comes to the office begging for my car keys, looks ...
This is a great blog with much good info.
My main interest is genealogy, and I have written a genealogy book which you can find along with many articles at my site. I believe it's the only genealogy book of its kind, dealing specifically with search for noble ancestors.

Anonymous said...

Lighter Blogging Ahead
Steve Gillmor says everyone in the US is pretty much out to lunch this holiday week - at least mentally, if not physically.
A fantastic blog. Keep it up. So nice to see someone with this depth of insight!

If you're interested, there's also a range of useful home based business resources at home based business. Along the same lines of what you're offering here, but from a different perspective.

Here's to home based business!