Friday, September 09, 2005

inspiration for knitting!!!

the new knitty is out! got to knitty.com and prepared to be blown away! damn i love that site, and I live how the code the patterns, so even a dumb ass like me can have a go at them! woohoo.

yesterday, the new rowan book arived in the post, and that is also full of lovely things- in particualr, there is a shawl using kidsilk haze, which i think might be an easier alternative to the beech pattern which was all the rage a few months ago- i am feeling brave and it is now on my list of things-to-knit.

in the mean time, is was knitting group last nite, and the catering was fab- it was all home baked by tom, and he even made ginger bread men, one of which had a lucky butt crack, the proud finder of this one got a prize!!! (wasnt me though : ( ) I do like knitting group, but I think it would be cool to expand as at the moment there is quite a central core of people who know each other from one place, and i want a bigger mix of people. Not that the ones now arent lovely, just i dont want to end up too clique-ish. so if your in portsmouth and you knit then get in contact!

No comments: